SAFETY IN THE TRANSPORTATION INDUSTRY
Safety Above All!
Safety is ‘the’ priority within the transportation industry. When we specifically talk about the trucking business, truck drivers shoulder a massive responsibility while out on the road. In addition to the fleet’s movement from one location to another, organizations and families rely on timely turnaround times. However, it is noteworthy to remember that ‘safety’ within the trucking sector transcends beyond the driver’s well-being. We leave no stone unturned to ensure the safety of our drivers and any business or individual who encounters our company’s vehicles.
A GLIMPSE INTO OUR SAFETY PRACTICES AND PROVISIONS
Our truck drivers are experienced, trained, and responsible. They know that it is better to ‘stick to the rules regarding transportation safety. Consequently, we also follow the best practice to ensure that our truckers are safe, healthy, and happy.
- Routine Maintenance On Our Trucks – We perform adequate inspection, repair, and maintenance of our vehicles before each trip. A meticulous check of fluid levels, mirrors, horns, engine health, and brakes are done to ensure that our vehicles are in the appropriate condition for smooth and safe operation on the roads, alongside the general population.
- Cautious Loading of Cargo– We ensure that the cargo to be transported is properly loaded, secured, and balanced. Unsecured cargo can have abhorrent repercussions.
- Driver Training and Licensing – We support national, uniform, and performance-based commercial driver’s licensing testing standards.
- Following Hours of Service Regulations – We support science-based hours of service regulations that promote the effective management of driver fatigue. We ensure that merely the maximum number of working hours does not dictate our drivers’ work schedule. As a result, our company’s hours of service regulations are flexible, consistent with scientific principles, and easy to understand and comply with.
- Drug and Alcohol Testing – We strongly advocate for mandatory testing of our truckers for drug and alcohol use. Our truckers are required to submit their hair samples for various drugs and alcohol regularly.
- Speed limiters and Greenhouse Gas Emissions – We have embraced several hi-tech solutions to ensure that our drivers maintain a safe speed while on the road and keep the GHG emissions down. We are committed to mitigating the environmental detriments of our trucks and operations.
IMPORTANCE OF SAFETY COMPLIANCE IN THE TRANSPORTATION INDUSTRY
Safety and caution are indispensable within the trucking business. Some of the tangible reasons for their significance are
- Decrease in Truck-Related Accidents – Although it is virtually impossible to eradicate trucking accidents, complying with regulations helps keep the public and the truck drivers safe.
- Safety Inspections Save Lives – The timely checking of breaks, steering, mirrors, and likewise can prevent severe accidents from occurring on the road.
- Our Drivers Return Home Safely – Our truckers are the company’s mainstay. Our prime responsibility is to ensure that they return safely to their families at the end of the route. The following of government-enforced safety regulations help keep our drivers safe and sound.
Our company’s mission and vision are premised on adhering to the highest levels of safety regulations o ensure the all-around protection of the community.